General Chorus Auditions
Walter Huff, Chorus Master
The application deadline for 2014-15 Chorus Auditions has currently passed.
Please check back in May 2015 for information regarding chorus auditions for the 2015-16 season.
- Auditions are only for singers who have not previously auditioned for the Atlanta Opera Chorus.
- You must be at least 20 years of age.
- You must be a local/regional resident, due to the rehearsal schedule requirements of each opera.
- You must be available to rehearse evenings and weekends.
- Please prepare two complete pieces from the following genres: opera, art song, or classical musical theater (Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe, musical theatre before 1990, etc.) One of the selections should be in a foreign language and the other in English.
- Please bring sheet music to the audition. An accompanist will be provided, although you may bring your own if you wish.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in operas, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
You may apply online by completing the form below and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Supernumerary Application" in the subject line. Please attach a photo of yourself with the application. Once received, we will add your name to our files and will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.
Download Supernumerary Application (PDF) >>