A Reimagined Opera Experience
Your safety is our top priority.
This outdoor operatic experience was designed in consultation with leading experts in the fields of epidemiology, public health, workplace/industrial hygiene, and infectious diseases.
The Atlanta Opera will continue to monitor government policy changes, Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates, and public health notices and make changes as necessary or appropriate to ensure the safety of staff, artists, and the public.
Top Things You Should Know
- Face coverings: Patrons will be required to wear face masks at all times.
- Scheduled entry: Timed tickets will be available in increments of 15 minutes to limit queues. Please plan to arrive on time.
- Health Screening: Upon arrival, patrons will be sent a Health Questionnaire to their devices to be completed before queueing for temperature checks. All patrons will be screened with temperature checks prior to entry into the venue.
Our new 2020-21 season will be presented in a ventilated, open-sided tent, with the following safety measures in place:
- Reduced Contact: Ticket Scanning, Temperature Checks, and Safety Screenings will be contactless and staff will be equipped with masks, face shields and gloves to keep you safe.
- Social Distancing: Stanchions, signage, and barriers will be used throughout the venue to ensure social distancing is maintained for all audience members.
- Pod Seating: Audiences will be seated in Pods that can accommodate up to 4 people. Pods are socially distanced throughout the tent.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Hand washing and sanitizing stations will be dispersed throughout the outdoor venue and personal hand sanitizers will be available at each pod. Seats, tables, bathrooms, and the various check-in stations will be fully sanitized prior and following each performance.
Limitation on Liability/Assumption of Risk
Any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity or the premises.
Additionally, you, on behalf of yourself and any accompanying minor, voluntarily assume all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring before, during or after the event, and you waive any claims for personal injury, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind against The Atlanta Opera, Inc., and its agents, sponsors, officers, directors, shareholders, owners and employees. Additionally, please visit https://www.atlantaopera.org/terms for the complete Terms and Conditions governing your ticket and attendance at the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pod pricing starts at $149 and includes space for up to 4 people, which breaks down to $37.50 per person if you have 4 in your party. Parties greater than 4 should purchase more than 1 pod.
VIP pods include tables. Chair pods do not. Obstructed view pods are located near the poles that hold up the tent, so there may be some obstructed views during the performance. All pods are socially distanced from each other.
The Atlanta Opera has completely redesigned the patron experience with safety as its number one priority.
- OUTDOORS: Performances will be held outdoors, under an open-air tent.
- POD SEATING: Parties will be socially distanced in “circle pods.” Each party will have its own dedicated circle of space with 4 chairs, and each circle is physically distanced from neighboring circles.
- FACE COVERINGS: Masks will be required of patrons at all times. Patrons will be required to complete a temperature check and confidential health survey prior to entry to the venue.
- TIMED TICKETS: Timed tickets will be available in increments of 15 minutes to limit queues. Please plan to arrive on time.
- REDUCED CONTACT: All staff will wear masks, face shields, and gloves.
- INCREASED SANITATION: Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available throughout the venue for patron use.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Social distancing will be encouraged with barriers and signed throughout the venue.
For our fall performances, the Big Tent will be located on the outfield of Hermance Stadium on the Oglethorpe University campus. On site parking is free.
Yes. Your party should plan to check in together as a group at your scheduled arrival time so you can all be scanned under the same pod ticket.
Please bring and wear your mask upon arrival! You may bring a personal water bottle for refreshment during the 55-70 minute performance.
We will accommodate you as best we can! To keep queues moving and safe, incomplete parties may be asked to wait for their whole party to arrive before queuing up to enter the venue.
If someone in your party is found to have a temperature above 100.4° F or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, your party will be advised to not attend the performance. Ticketing Services will be ready to assist you with rescheduling your tickets for another time.
Should an audience member notify us that they later tested positive after attending one of our events, The Atlanta Opera will cooperate with Public Health officials to ensure that any audience member potentially exposed receives proper notice.
To maintain our safety protocol, we recommend that all patrons arrive within their schedule block. If you arrive outside of that window, you may be asked to wait. Our staff will try their best to accommodate all parties.
We understand that you may need to take it off temporarily to take a sip of water or wine. We appreciate your courtesy as an audience member and ask that you otherwise keep your mask on at all times.
It is important to us that we create an experience that is accessible to all. The Atlanta Opera staff will be ready to assist patrons with physical disabilities to get them safely into the venue and to their seats. As always, we will have supertitles in English displayed on monitors. We are developing an app to further assist those with hearing and visual disabilities. If you have any questions or requests, please contact Ticketing Services at 404-881-8885.
No. Pagliacci and The Kaiser of Atlantis are two separate productions, presented on alternating nights under the Big Tent. To see both shows, you will need to purchase tickets to each performance. Each show will be presented without intermission and will run under 90 minutes.
On site parking is available for free on Oglethorpe University Campus, adjacent to Hermance Stadium. Please visit our venue information page for more details.
For more information on the Coronavirus and safety recommendations, please visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website at cdc.gov. The Atlanta Opera will continue to monitor guidelines issued by the CDC and will update guidelines listed on the Opera Coronavirus Information Page as necessary.
If you suspect you may have COVID-19, stay home to prevent the spread and contact your health care provider. Please contact the Ticket Office to discuss your ticket options.
All patrons should follow the guidelines set forth by The Atlanta Opera, which include wearing a mask at all times while at the venue, maintaining social distancing from other parties, limiting the number of personal belongings brought into the venue, and taking advantage of the handwashing and sanitizing stations around the venue.
Please visit the resources below for more information on preventing the spread of coronavirus:
The Atlanta Opera has rain dates held on November 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2020. In the event of inclement weather, patrons will be notified of their options for their tickets.