The Atlanta Opera Studio Tour
Founded in an effort to teach students throughout the state of Georgia about opera, The Atlanta Opera Studio Tour brings live performances and workshops into schools. The tour teaches introductory knowledge about opera through both performances themselves and accompanying Georgia Performance Standards materials. Recommended for grades K-12.
Who needs a fairy godmother? When Rossini wrote his version of the Cinderella story, he showed that goodness and kindness, rather than magical trappings, can be the most effective way to arrive at a fairy-tale ending. This one hour in-school opera performance includes sparkling music, a pair of comically catty sisters, devious disguises, and one of the most compelling heroines of all time.
For questions or booking information, please contact Wade Thomas, Education Manager at 404-881-8883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Presenting Sponsor
Student Shorts are fully-staged, abbreviated versions of the mainstage productions, and feature principal artists and the Atlanta Opera Orchestra and Chorus. Carefully selected highlights are threaded together, providing students the performance experience at the Cobb Energy Centre. Recommended for grades 6-12.
Don Pasquale Student Short
Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
In this modern production set during the golden age of Hollywood, Don Pasquale is an aging silent film star at the sunset of his career. Our protagonist sets off to find a wife and heir to his fortune. He gets hitched to the cunning Norina, a widowed gold digger who conspires with Ernesto, the Don’s nephew. Supported by a chorus of servants dressed as 1950’s Hollywood film stars, Don Pasquale is a hilarious opera full of nostalgic glamor and lively humor.
Tickets available online at artsbridgega.org.
Designed specifically to heighten the art of performing opera and song for students, Masterclasses feature teaching artists giving one-on-one instruction. Teaching artists also answer questions concerning performing, higher education opportunities, and career goals.
OPERAbility is designed for a classroom of students, and allows extensive interaction between students and artists. Sessions feature a teaching artist discussing the concept, history, and production aspects of opera. The teaching artist will perform selections of opera and include a question-and-answer period at the end of the presentation. This 30-minute presentation is available year-round for schools, camps, youth groups, and interested adults.
Student groups of ten or more can receive $25 tickets or up to 25% off regularly priced tickets. For more information call 404-881-8885 or email
Purchase up to two tickets with a valid student ID at the ticket window two hours before the performance, and get some of the best seats available for $25 to $35 each.
Final Dress Rehearsal
Free passes for school groups are available to each mainstage Final Dress Rehearsal for the 2016-17 season.
- Download the application form, complete the requested information and save the file, and email to email@example.com
- Final Dress Rehearsals are open to groups of 10 or more students and their teachers. Homeschool groups of 10 or more are also welcome.
- Please note that at least 80% of the attendees in each group must be students.
- This program is for students in grades 6-12 only.
- Admission is FREE. However, tickets are required for admission and must be reserved at least 3 weeks prior to the rehearsal date.
- Minimum ticket request is 10 and at least 80% of the attendees in each group must be students. Maximum ticket request is 50 seats. Only one ticket request per school will be accepted.
- All tickets will be held at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre Will-Call window.
- Rehearsals begin promptly at 7:00 pm at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. Latecomers will not be admitted to the theater so be sure to arrive early.
- Food and beverage is not permitted in the theater.
- Download Application >>
For more information, or to schedule any of our programming options, please contact Wade Thomas, Education Manager at 404-881-8883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.