Auditions & Jobs
General Chorus auditions for the season are closed.
Please check back in the Spring of 2021 for information about the 2021-22 season auditions.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Chief of Marketing & Audience Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
Supervisory Requirements: Occasional
The Digital Marketing Specialist position is responsible for the marketing plan for The Atlanta Opera’s Digital Media Studio content, including films, special content and social media, and the creation of editorial content for The Atlanta Opera social media platforms. The Specialist maintains www.atlantaopera.org with the support of web development vendors and ensures social and distribution channels integrate into the opera’s web presence. The Specialist develops audiences and maintains the integrity of the Opera’s digital and social brand at the highest level, ensuring exceptional customer service and user experience. The ideal candidate is fluent in the ever-changing digital landscape, especially within arts and entertainment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and executes integrated digital media marketing strategy, which ensures that The Atlanta Opera maximizes visibility across channels and platforms for audiences both local and global
- Manage content distribution platforms (OTT) relationships
- Ensures that online distribution platforms integrate well with the opera’s Tessitura CRM for clear UX
- Manage release deadlines with Director of Digital Media, creating clear customer expectations and anticipation for Atlanta Opera content and productions
- Create and execute marketing plans for all digital (non-live event) content
- Author and executes the Atlanta Opera organic social media plan across all platforms, maximizing sharing of content and coordinating creation of content with the opera’s talented Company and Studio Players and visiting artists
- Responsible for day to day editing of www.atlantaopera.org and facilitating advanced design with web and graphics vendors
- Expense management of digital distribution platform, organic social boosting, website vendors, rights and royalties, and other related project management
- Tracks revenue and ROI of digital subscription and pay-per-view products
- Works closely with Associate Director of Marketing to design promotional video, e-mail, and social content to generate ticketed revenue
- Examine and implement, as appropriate, models for monetization of digital content
- Maintains relationships with appropriate vendors to ensure competitive bidding process
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluent digital citizen, with exceptional knowledge of social and distribution platforms
- Proven project manager
- Passion for the arts and opera; awareness of standards and emerging trends in digital media delivery and promotion for arts and entertainment
- Knowledge of CRM databases, including Tessitura is desired.
- Knowledge of website project management is critical (terminology; trends; processes)
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and achieve results in a timely manner
- Ability to work collaboratively within marketing team and with multiple departments
- Unquestionable work ethic, team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least five years of work experience in digital media marketing or a related field
- Knowledge of industry-standard design and web publishing/CMS programs
- Experience managing Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for a commercial/nonprofit brand
- Ability to communicate using a phone
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
- Knowledge or strong interest in opera, classical music and/or performing arts preferred
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Digital Marketing Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in opera, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
To apply online, please fill out the form below. Once received, we will add your name to our files, and we will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.
Supernumerary ApplicationRead more
There are no internships at this time. Please check back for updates.
The gift of your time and expertise is just as valuable as a monetary gift. Last year, Atlanta Opera volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours. Volunteers help keep costs low and help us fulfill our mission of presenting world-class opera productions, while fostering education about this important art form. The company is so grateful to have such a supportive volunteer team. Their hard work and generosity keeps the beauty and passion of opera alive in Atlanta. Just some of the ways you can volunteer with The Atlanta Opera:
- Sell merchandise at Shop Opera
- Airport transportation
- Light Walking
- Final Dress Rehearsal
- Phone relief/receptionist coverage
- Special events