Auditions & Jobs
2020-21 Atlanta Opera Studio Auditions
Auditions for the 2020-21 season are closed.
Please check back Fall 2020 for information about the 2021-22 season auditions.
General Chorus auditions for the 2019-20 season are closed.
Please check back in the Spring of 2020 for information about the 2020-21 season auditions.
Creative Services Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
Supervisory Requirements: No
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for designing and producing all print, visual and web-based marketing and collateral materials in a manner that maintains the integrity of the Opera’s brand at the highest level.Read more
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and produces materials for the Opera’s marketing, development and community engagement efforts including print and online ads, brochures, invitations, PowerPoint presentations, posters and other promotional collateral materials
- Traffics all advertising materials, ensuring ads reach their appropriate destination by designated deadlines
- Responsible for visual representation of Opera at events, including the Cobb Energy Centre lobby and select other special events
- Quotes all print projects and coordinates production; works to find complimentary printing services, if possible
- Keeps Atlanta Opera website up-to-date and serves as a liaison with website vendor
- Designs the Opera’s e-communications
- Designs the Opera’s ARIA playbill and manages proofing process
- Maintains relationships with appropriate vendors to ensure competitive bidding process
- Manages budget for design projects
- Participates in project planning meetings to determine graphic design needs
- Hires photographers and videographers for publicity-related events
- Assists with photo shoots, as needed
- Films, produces and edits company videos, and handles outsourced video production, as needed
- Assists with copywriting for marketing and other collateral materials
- Establishes and refines creative work processes, practices and standards company-wide
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and achieve results in a timely manner
- Ability to work collaboratively within marketing team and with multiple departments
- Extensive knowledge of technical aspects related to creative production
- Strong working knowledge of printing processes from start to finish
- Unquestionable work ethic, team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years of work experience in graphic design, creative services or related field
- Strong creative design skills and expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Services Suite and other industry-standard design and web publishing/CMS programs
- Experience with Wordfly or other email marketing systems
- Ability to communicate using a phone
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
- Knowledge or strong interest in opera, classical music and/or performing arts preferred
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Creative Services Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in opera, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
To apply online, please fill out the form below. Once received, we will add your name to our files, and we will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.
Supernumerary ApplicationRead more
There are no internships at this time. Please check back for updates.
The gift of your time and expertise is just as valuable as a monetary gift. Last year, Atlanta Opera volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours. Volunteers help keep costs low and help us fulfill our mission of presenting world-class opera productions, while fostering education about this important art form. The company is so grateful to have such a supportive volunteer team. Their hard work and generosity keeps the beauty and passion of opera alive in Atlanta. Just some of the ways you can volunteer with The Atlanta Opera:
- Sell merchandise at Shop Opera
- Airport transportation
- Light Walking
- Final Dress Rehearsal
- Phone relief/receptionist coverage
- Special events