Auditions & Jobs
2020-21 The Atlanta Opera Studio Auditions
To apply, fill out a YAP Tracker Resident Artist online application:
You do not need to be a paying subscriber to YAP Tracker to complete and submit the application form, although you will need an account (guest accounts are available; see the website for details). Registration can be completed at http://www.yaptracker.comRead more
Audition Dates & Locations
- Atlanta, GA: November 21-22, 2019
- New York, NY: December 16-18, 2019
Call back auditions for the Atlanta auditions will be held on Friday, Nov 22 in the afternoon. Call back auditions for the New York auditions will be held on Wednesday, Dec 18 in the afternoon. Singers must be available for the callback time to be considered.
Application Materials Required
- Application form
- Professional headshot
- Application fee
- Audition repertoire
- Singers: 3-5 recorded selections (audio or visual)
- Pianists: 3 recordings (audio or visual)
- Stage Directors: A list of references from qualified opera professionals, portfolio (photo or video)
- Singers: prepare 4-6 arias in contrasting styles and languages
- Pianists: A brief solo piece of your choice, Carmen Quintet, Le Nozze di Figaro – Act II Finale, “Si, mi chiamano Mimi” from La bohème, Das Rheingold – Scene 1 – pp. 9 – 33 and Scene 3 (beginning) pp. 135-137 – Peters edition. Please be prepared to play and sing all of the excerpts. You may also be asked to sight read
- Stage Directors: The Atlanta Opera Studio is accepting applications for its Stage Director position in the Studio Artist Program. The Studio Artist Stage Director will have the opportunity to work alongside leading international directors, conductors and singers. He or she will work closely with production and artistic staff on all aspects of the company’s annual productions.
Please send all required elements to:
Wade Thomas – Artistic Services & Studio Manager
The Atlanta Opera
1575 Northside Drive, NE, Ste. 350
Atlanta, GA 30318
Please address questions to Wade Thomas at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
General Chorus auditions for the 2019-20 season are closed.
Please check back in the Spring of 2020 for information about the 2020-21 season auditions.
Production Accounting Clerk
Reports to: Director of Production
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Part-time, up to 20 hours per week
Supervisory Requirements: None
The Production Accounting Clerk will work in coordination with production and finance departments to process and track production related accounting including accounts payable, credit card, vendor credit accounts, and expense reports. The Accounting Clerk will also assist the Director of Production and Assistant Technical Director with placing and tracking orders.Read more
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Processes payments for vendors while monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; resolving purchase, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies & documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying & tracking account transactions
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Investigates questionable data
- Create and maintain consistent, logical filing system
- Create and maintain a contract tracking system for signatures, terms, payments, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve results in a timely fashion
- Ability to work collaboratively within the production team and with other departments
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, accounts payable and reconciliation
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years of accounting/payables/reconciliation experience
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to and over eight hours per day
- Ability to communicate using a phone and headset
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Production Accounting Clerk in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in opera, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
To apply online, please fill out the form below. Once received, we will add your name to our files, and we will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.
Supernumerary ApplicationRead more
There are no internships at this time. Please check back for updates.
The gift of your time and expertise is just as valuable as a monetary gift. Last year, Atlanta Opera volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours. Volunteers help keep costs low and help us fulfill our mission of presenting world-class opera productions, while fostering education about this important art form. The company is so grateful to have such a supportive volunteer team. Their hard work and generosity keeps the beauty and passion of opera alive in Atlanta. Just some of the ways you can volunteer with The Atlanta Opera:
- Sell merchandise at Shop Opera
- Airport transportation
- Light Walking
- Final Dress Rehearsal
- Phone relief/receptionist coverage
- Special events