Auditions & Jobs
General Chorus auditions for the season are closed.
Please check back in the Spring of 2021 for information about the 2021-22 season auditions.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Chief of Marketing & Audience Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full Time
Supervisory Requirements: Yes
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible and accountable (with Chief of Marketing) for setting The Atlanta Opera’s annual ticketed revenue goals for both digital and in-person performances and projects.
- Monitor key performance indicators and report accurate KPIs regularly to Chief of Marketing, Managing Director and General Director.
- Aggressively pursue revenue goals with a combination of targeted promotions and advertisement.
- Form and enact strategies related to customer acquisition, retention, migration, and revenue maximization.
- With the Chief of Marketing, create a comprehensive marketing plan that supports the opera’s programmatic and institutional initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service throughout every stage of patrons’ interaction with The Atlanta Opera.
- Supervises marketing staff.
- Provide support for and implement marketing activities including subscription and single ticket sales campaigns for live and digital events, advertising, telemarketing, special promotions, direct mail, and audience development campaigns; Includes media buying.
- Assist with communication of marketing initiatives across departments.
- Supervise the production of marketing deliverables, including advertising (print, broadcast, outdoor, online), direct mail, e-mail, promotional materials, and other collateral in cooperation with Creative Services consultants.
- Help manage the marketing budget and costs associated with marketing programs while reporting updates to Chief of Marketing & Audience Development.
- Supervise process and ensure on-time production of program books.
- Write press releases, emails, and other opera communication as needed.
- 5+years in marketing, communications, and PR, with progressively increasing management experience and demonstrated achievement of event-based revenue goals
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in arts and event marketing is strongly desired with up-to-date knowledge of the intricacies of digital marketing and segmentation
- Excellent written and oral communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Strong analytical and budget skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Tessitura or other CRM databases (Tessitura preferred)
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season
Compensation is tied to revenue goal achievement, with base salary and performance-based bonuses.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Director of Sales & Marketing in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in opera, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
To apply online, please fill out the form below. Once received, we will add your name to our files, and we will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.
Supernumerary ApplicationRead more
There are no internships at this time. Please check back for updates.
The gift of your time and expertise is just as valuable as a monetary gift. Last year, Atlanta Opera volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours. Volunteers help keep costs low and help us fulfill our mission of presenting world-class opera productions, while fostering education about this important art form. The company is so grateful to have such a supportive volunteer team. Their hard work and generosity keeps the beauty and passion of opera alive in Atlanta. Just some of the ways you can volunteer with The Atlanta Opera:
- Sell merchandise at Shop Opera
- Airport transportation
- Light Walking
- Final Dress Rehearsal
- Phone relief/receptionist coverage
- Special events