Auditions & Jobs
There are no auditions at this time. Please check back for updates.
Patron Services Associate
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Part time
Supervisory Requirements: No
The Patron Services Associate works with the Patron Services Manager to provide excellent customer service for Atlanta Opera patrons.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving as contact for Atlanta Opera patrons by taking subscription orders and single ticket orders via phone, mail, and fax.
- Fulfilling patron requests for information and troubleshoot patron concerns as they occur.
- Managing subscriber exchanges, upgrades and ticket donations.
- Handling requests for information via The Atlanta Opera’s web site and telephone hotline
- Checking daily reports against orders
- Managing special projects as assigned by the Patron Services Manager
COMPENTENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in ticketing, customer service or related field
- Experience using Tessitura or similar ticketing system
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude, especially using Microsoft Office Suite, as well the ability to learn quickly new software programs
- Patience, flexibility and customer-friendly attitude, and ability to manage a team effectively to achieve goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage many projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of opera or classical music, a plus
- Flexible hours
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Patron Services Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in opera, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
The Daughter of the Regiment: Exact needs TBD
Carmen: Exact needs TBD
Sweeney Todd: Exact needs TBD
To apply online, please fill out the form below. Once received, we will add your name to our files, and we will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.Read more
There are no internships at this time. Please check back for updates.
The gift of your time and expertise is just as valuable as a monetary gift. Last year, Atlanta Opera volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours. Volunteers help keep costs low and help us fulfill our mission of presenting world-class opera productions, while fostering education about this important art form. The company is so grateful to have such a supportive volunteer team. Their hard work and generosity keeps the beauty and passion of opera alive in Atlanta. Just some of the ways you can volunteer with The Atlanta Opera:
- Sell merchandise at Shop Opera
- Airport transportation
- Light Walking
- Final Dress Rehearsal
- Phone relief/receptionist coverage
- Special events