Auditions & Jobs
Rolando Salazar, Children’s Chorus Master
Application Deadline: Thursday, December 14, 2017
Audition Date: Thursday, January 4, 2018
- Casting will be for the 2017-18 production of Carmen.Casting will be for the 2017-18 production of Carmen
- Rehearsals take place February through April
- Performances are April 28, May 1, 4, and 6 (matinee), 2018
- Application deadline is Thursday, December 14, 2017 – click here to download application
- Please email application and resume/headshot if available to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those children granted an audition will be notified by December 18, 2017
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Auditions are for girls and boys who have clear/unchanged voices
- You must be between age 9 – 13 and under 5’0” tall
- You must be a local/regional resident, due to the rehearsal schedule requirements of each opera
- You must be available to rehearse evenings and weekends.
- Please prepare one complete piece from the following genres: art song, classical musical theater (Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe, musical theater before 1990, etc.)
- Please bring sheet music to the audition – an accompanist will be provided
- Singers may be asked to sing major scales or tonal memory exercises.
Patron Services Associate
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Part time
Supervisory Requirements: No
The Patron Services Associate works with the Patron Services Manager to provide excellent customer service for Atlanta Opera patrons.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving as contact for Atlanta Opera patrons by taking subscription orders and single ticket orders via phone, mail, and fax.
- Fulfilling patron requests for information and troubleshoot patron concerns as they occur.
- Managing subscriber exchanges, upgrades and ticket donations.
- Handling requests for information via The Atlanta Opera’s web site and telephone hotline
- Checking daily reports against orders
- Managing special projects as assigned by the Patron Services Manager
COMPENTENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in ticketing, customer service or related field
- Experience using Tessitura or similar ticketing system
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude, especially using Microsoft Office Suite, as well the ability to learn quickly new software programs
- Patience, flexibility and customer-friendly attitude, and ability to manage a team effectively to achieve goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage many projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of opera or classical music, a plus
- Flexible hours
Please email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com, and include Patron Services Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Supernumeraries are non-speaking, non-singing roles in opera, similar to extras in movies. Casting needs vary per production. The Atlanta Opera accepts supernumerary applications any time of year for all those interested in being a part of an operatic production.
The Daughter of the Regiment: Exact needs TBD
Carmen: Exact needs TBD
Sweeney Todd: Exact needs TBD
To apply online, please fill out the form below. Once received, we will add your name to our files, and we will contact you if your description fits our casting needs for a production.Read more
There are no internships at this time. Please check back for updates.
The gift of your time and expertise is just as valuable as a monetary gift. Last year, Atlanta Opera volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours. Volunteers help keep costs low and help us fulfill our mission of presenting world-class opera productions, while fostering education about this important art form. The company is so grateful to have such a supportive volunteer team. Their hard work and generosity keeps the beauty and passion of opera alive in Atlanta. Just some of the ways you can volunteer with The Atlanta Opera:
- Sell merchandise at Shop Opera
- Airport transportation
- Light Walking
- Final Dress Rehearsal
- Phone relief/receptionist coverage
- Special events